Are the participants of the conference call charged?
Participants using the toll-free dial-in number on a land line will not be charged. The use of a mobile phone may incur charges from the mobile phone carrier. If participants use the local dial-in number from outside the local calling area in Australia or internationally, they will incur long distance charges on their phone bill.
Are there any monthly or additional fees?
There are no monthly fees or additional charges for our regular Express Virtual Meetings services when charged by the minute.
How do I mute and un-mute all participants?
The host is able to place all guests on mute by pressing 250#. They can be un-muted by pressing 200#. Individuals can mute themselves by pressing *6, to un-mute press *6 again. Groups can be customised to automatically start in "Presentation Mode" or "Discussion Mode". Call Customer Care to change your standard settings.
How can I prevent unwanted participants from entering the conference?
There are a number of ways to prevent unwanted participants:
- keep your access codes secure
- request new dial-in access codes when staff leave
- only issue conference start time and date to those participants you wish to attend
- once your guests have entered the conference, the host can lock the conference by pressing *7. To unlock the conference and allow new participants to enter, the host presses *7.
- the host can hear how many parties have joined by pressing *0*6*6, listen, then return to the conference by pressing *9
- book an Operator Connect conference so that only the participants on the list you provide are connected to the call.
Can someone enter the conference without me knowing?
No, the default settings for all groups give a short tone to signal any new participant(s) entering your conference. These settings can be customised at your request, such as name announcement upon entry.
Does my voicemail pick up while I am on a call?
Your phone will function as if you were on any other call.
How do I join a conference that is already in progress?
Simply dial into the conference at any time and a tone will tell others that someone has joined the conference.
What if I lose my phone connection during a call?
If you lose your phone connection, just redial the dial-in number and follow the prompts.
How many participants can there be on the phone?
The conferencing system can accommodate hundreds of participants in the one conference call. However, if you have a need for an event for over 30 people, please call us to tailor your group for the best large conference experience.
What information should I provide to my participants to invite them to join a conference call?
Each participant will need:
- The dial-in phone number
- The Guest Access code